Viesti Kirjoittaja zakkez » Su Syys 04, 2011 10:16 pm

Tänne 2.

S-23
Team member

Re: Subdued IR-suomen lippuja

Viesti Kirjoittaja S-23 » Ma Syys 05, 2011 11:07 pm

jma78 kirjoitti:
IR patches are not on the ITAR list any more since somewhen 2010
Do you have a source for that information? i tried to look it up, but didn´t find any info about IR reflective patches not being on ITAR anymore.
Yeah, the manufacturer and my invoices which are now $250 cheaper because the ITAR application went away :D.
This is the reply i got from Cejay engineering:
Sir,

All of our IR flags are manufactured in the United States so any flag order would require ITAR licensing. These products are also restricted to military on LE users only when exported, and must be purchased by the Finnish government.
Clear text: We don't wanna sell to geardos and airsoft people. My manufacturer also has a no-airsoft-policy. As I wrote, ITAR is the standard excuse of US companies which don't wanna do business with you.
Ban bread! 99% of all spree-shooters have consumed bread within 48 hours before the shooting!
Kieltäkää leipä! 99 prosenttia kaikista rellestys-ampujista on syönyt leipää 48 tunnin sisällä ennen ammuskelua!

S-23
Team member

Viesti Kirjoittaja S-23 » Ma Syys 05, 2011 11:09 pm

About the price... 15e is for the flag in standard M/05 size. In standard US size (9,5x5cm) it's probably around 20e but if you ever get 100pc together, I'll ask for an offer. Since ITAR is gone, it might be a bit cheaper, as the handling fees are gone too.

Edit: 50pc MIGHT be possible but the flags might be a bit more expensive because the price consists of the printing/material costs and the setup costs. The latter are independent of the amount of flags and then divided by the amount of flags. Setup costs are for making the film and the offset printing stencil. If a special size or shape is wanted, the setup also includes making of the cutting tool. Same goes for special colors, like the blue in the white/blue Finnish IR flag.
Ban bread! 99% of all spree-shooters have consumed bread within 48 hours before the shooting!
Kieltäkää leipä! 99 prosenttia kaikista rellestys-ampujista on syönyt leipää 48 tunnin sisällä ennen ammuskelua!

jma78
Tier 1

Viesti Kirjoittaja jma78 » Ti Syys 06, 2011 8:15 am

Clear text: We don't wanna sell to geardos and airsoft people. My manufacturer also has a no-airsoft-policy. As I wrote, ITAR is the standard excuse of US companies which don't wanna do business with you.
I sent the email from my mil.fi-address, and never mentioned airsofters or geardo´s. I told that the end users for the majority of those flags would be Finnish soldiers (which would be the case). But the fact that US companies don´t want to deal with non NATO countries is nothing new.
In standard US size (9,5x5cm) it's probably around 20e but if you ever get 100pc together,I'll ask for an offer
I think that most of the guys who wants this flag, would want in the US size, and so would i.

From this thread, i counted something like 25-27 flags. Also, i could sell about 20-25 for my friends, which would leave me with almost 50 flags with no buyers, and since i already have a full time job, and also a couple of VERY time consuming hobbies, i simply don´t have time for that.

I think 20 euros would be the pain threshold for most people, if they cost more than that, it might be tricky to get them all sold.

So i guess we have to wait until the "war on terror" ends and the stupid ITAR regulations are lifted :D

Windi
Hangman

Viesti Kirjoittaja Windi » Ti Syys 06, 2011 8:16 am

I would also take 2x IR flags with FIN text if this is going to happen.
"Everyone's a pacifist between wars. It's like being a vegetarian between meals."

Jarppi
Veteraani
Viesti:

Viesti Kirjoittaja Jarppi » Ti Syys 06, 2011 8:25 am

I'll clarify my order a bit since all these new options are flooding in,

1 piece in green/black, standard M05 size.

jma78
Tier 1

Viesti Kirjoittaja jma78 » Ti Syys 06, 2011 9:26 am

Maybe i should clarify the design;

It´s US size, not M05 size. I have no interest in M05 size flags, nor have i any interest in setting up a group buy for those.

Windi
Hangman

Viesti Kirjoittaja Windi » Ti Syys 06, 2011 11:59 am

I think M/05 with the FIN text is way too small.

So US size, BK/OD with FIN text is what I want, x2
"Everyone's a pacifist between wars. It's like being a vegetarian between meals."

Jarppi
Veteraani
Viesti:

Viesti Kirjoittaja Jarppi » Ti Syys 06, 2011 12:05 pm

Well, I'm not that specific. I'd prefer M05-size over US, but either will be ok

AlphaBravo
Green

Viesti Kirjoittaja AlphaBravo » Ke Syys 07, 2011 8:54 am

2 pcs for me. With FIN text.

bt96
Green

Viesti Kirjoittaja bt96 » Ke Syys 07, 2011 11:55 am

Aavistus off-topicia, jollain tietoa mistä saisi Suomen hihalippua musta/harmaa väreissä.

Windi
Hangman

Viesti Kirjoittaja Windi » Ke Syys 07, 2011 2:01 pm

bt96 kirjoitti:Aavistus off-topicia, jollain tietoa mistä saisi Suomen hihalippua musta/harmaa väreissä.
Jos asut Helsingin suunnalla, niin ainakin Finnrappelista sai musta/OD hihalippua jossain vaiheessa. Ei siis IR vaan tavallinen kangasmerkki velcropohjalla.

S-23
Team member

Viesti Kirjoittaja S-23 » Ke Syys 07, 2011 7:04 pm

My time is also very limited as I am in language school at the moment and besides that have to prepare a huge presentation of German Defence manufacturers in Hätilä...
If somebody would organize the group order, I would handle the production...

jma78
Tier 1

Viesti Kirjoittaja jma78 » To Syys 08, 2011 8:47 pm

My time is also very limited as I am in language school at the moment and besides that have to prepare a huge presentation of German Defence manufacturers in Hätilä...
If somebody would organize the group order, I would handle the production...
S-23; PM inbound.

jma78
Tier 1

Viesti Kirjoittaja jma78 » La Syys 10, 2011 12:10 pm

Ok,

S-23 was kind enough to offer to use his contacts and to get a quota for 50 flags. If the price is ok, then i will set up the group buy.

When i have the price/flag, i will start a new thread and ask who is still interested in getting those flags.

So stand by.

M. Anthopoulos
Team member

Viesti Kirjoittaja M. Anthopoulos » Ma Loka 03, 2011 9:45 pm

Hows the situation with these IR-flags? Theres kind of dark in these days, so I would need something that people would recocnize me as BLUFOR outside of my house :)
Elefteria i Thanatos - Vapaus tai kuolema - Kreikan valtion motto

S-23
Team member

Viesti Kirjoittaja S-23 » Ke Loka 19, 2011 10:12 pm

Can somebody please make a draft as jpg and email it to me so I can ask the manufacturer for an offer?
I got this on my desk for weeks now but I didn't find the time to make a reasonable quality drawing.

@jma78: Alternatively, please call me (your friend has my phone number) - I could give you the contact information for the manufacturer... We are heading for the big final language level test in school and my spare time is not exactly getting more...

jma78
Tier 1

Viesti Kirjoittaja jma78 » To Loka 20, 2011 11:09 am

I have the drawings ready here somewhere. I will look them up and send them to you this evening. I can also be in contact with the manufacturer if you are short on time.

M. Anthopoulos
Team member

Viesti Kirjoittaja M. Anthopoulos » Pe Joulu 16, 2011 11:28 pm

Hi!

How is this project going? Any significant progress with this IR-Flags?
Elefteria i Thanatos - Vapaus tai kuolema - Kreikan valtion motto

Vastaa Viestiin