LVJ Tiedustelijan liivi

Järjestä ja suunnittele kimppatilauksia
Karko
Green
Re: LVJ Tiedustelijan liivi

Viesti Kirjoittaja Karko » Ke Loka 19, 2011 11:46 pm

As an offtopic note: I have bought items from S-23 a few times in the past and had no problems with them. Good service.

Collector
Green

Viesti Kirjoittaja Collector » To Loka 20, 2011 6:33 am

I don't dispute S-23's past service as I have no experience of that. In my oppinion transactions over the internet and especially on forums is based on trust between strangers. This trust builds from completing ones part of the deal and from good communication. Bad communication puts this trust in question and leads to bad responses.

Since the rigs have arrived and will be shipped to us today S-23 will have done his part of the deal and I will be very happy with that. The communication part S-23 already covered. Looking at the previous input in this thread it's safe to say that a few people were already concerned.

I learned something about ground mail from Germany this time. I hope the lesson from this for people arranging group orders is that comms is very very important.

S-23 is right about the timing of the e-mail. I could have included that. A days delay (or even two) doesn't mean someone has disapeared. "So far no response" meant just what it said. Not that he should have responded by then. The message was meant as an update/ follow on to the discussion at the time.

AlphaBravo
Green

Viesti Kirjoittaja AlphaBravo » To Loka 20, 2011 7:46 am

Ok, I was not aware that ground mail takes so long. 4-6 weeks from Germany to Finland in the 21st century??!?! :shock: Boy, it is definitely in our interest to improve that Trans-Baltic route.

I guess I could have emailed but since there is a status page (which is very good), that is what one should rely on. Anyway, my questions were answered. Thank you.

S-23
Team member

Viesti Kirjoittaja S-23 » To Loka 20, 2011 1:22 pm

And here is the reason why the shipping took so long...: 120x60x25cm, 38kg. Shipping costs 2nd class ground mail - 68e. Can you imagine how much that would have cost via 1st class airmail?

Kuva

About the communication - yeah, it's true, comms could have been better from my part. But again, I also put some blame on Multi Design because they did not communicate and through a phase I called every 2nd day and just got the secretary telling me "no news".

But... With each rig there is now additionally one free large utility pouch, value about 18e.
Ban bread! 99% of all spree-shooters have consumed bread within 48 hours before the shooting!
Kieltäkää leipä! 99 prosenttia kaikista rellestys-ampujista on syönyt leipää 48 tunnin sisällä ennen ammuskelua!

Jarppi
Veteraani
Viesti:

Viesti Kirjoittaja Jarppi » To Loka 20, 2011 5:03 pm

Let me remind everyone who has ordered one of these rigs - I'm still on the market for one green chestrig. Cheers.

AlphaBravo
Green

Viesti Kirjoittaja AlphaBravo » Pe Loka 21, 2011 7:14 am

Sweet... :) That sand-coloured item is probably going to be pretty unique...

S-23
Team member

Viesti Kirjoittaja S-23 » Pe Loka 21, 2011 8:08 pm

Yep, only one in the world to my knowledge :).
Ban bread! 99% of all spree-shooters have consumed bread within 48 hours before the shooting!
Kieltäkää leipä! 99 prosenttia kaikista rellestys-ampujista on syönyt leipää 48 tunnin sisällä ennen ammuskelua!

BlackScorpy
Green

Viesti Kirjoittaja BlackScorpy » Pe Loka 21, 2011 8:09 pm

Got mine today. A long wait, but they're, indeed, finally here!

First impressions:
-Build quality and worksmanship are very nice. Quick check didn't yield any loose ends or bad stitching.
-The materials are durable, although a bit rough (my bib occasionally grabs my beard), but it's fine. Some minor shade differences between the pouches (2 mag pouches and the extra pouch are a bit darker and OD-like), but that's fine. Mesh bits feel soft, a bit like sportswear fabric, but very solid.
-A good selection of pouches, which are a bit simple but the designs are very useful. Need to load up the current setup to see how it handles. The extra utility pouch was a welcome addition, and can comfortably carry an army water canteen or some ammo. Mine has 100 rounds of 7.62 NATO in it currently...
-The bib seems a bit small, but should comfortably hold most admin panels. Like the vest itself, it'll also hold stuff inside it. If the bib interfers with something, it's ofcourse detachable.

The sizing: I'm a small guy (170 cm, 70 kg), so with the bib, the vest covers quite a large area of my body. I like wearing the rig quite high, and like I said, the bib can hit my neck sometimes. Ofcourse, that depends on the amount of clothing, and the bib is detachable. Also, the high main bit and empty upper area makes using the pouches easier, and enables the comfortable carry of the fairly big FDF-issue AK pattern magazines. I'll need to test how this works with a belt, once I get my battle belt ("1st line"?) setup ready. The loops not being openable is both a good and a bad thing, based on my experiences with the Splav M23 chest rig.

All in all, I'm quite pleased with my purchase. The vest looks nice, although it's a bit big for me. 139 euros was not cheap, but then again the pouches themselves cost more than that if you use the M/05 equilants at available prices (4x mag pouches at VL is 100e alone), and the quality seems to match the price very well. Having been built to SA specs, the rig shouldn't look too out-of-place at reservist events either.

Thanks for S-23 for organizing the order!

S-23
Team member

Viesti Kirjoittaja S-23 » Ke Marras 23, 2011 7:17 pm

If anyone is interested, I decided to sell my rig. With the same order, I got myself a Multi-Design vest again and I'm so happy with it that I don't really need the rig.
ATTENTION!!! There are only 2 magpouches! I already sold 2 to a friend because I anyway don't have an AK and I was planning to use the rig with the custom-made MD M4 double shingles.
The rig has only been in my closet, I didn't even test-fit it.

So the offer is
1x Chestrig
1x solid BiB
2x AK magpouch
2x Utility pouch (FDF design)
1x Utility pouch (MD design)

Edit: Sold

JoJo
FNG

Viesti Kirjoittaja JoJo » Pe Marras 25, 2011 9:53 am

Any hope of new order? Might wanna a LVJ vest, but missed the first order...

Also, if someone is willing to sell his own LVJ vest, please contact.

S-23
Team member

Viesti Kirjoittaja S-23 » Pe Marras 25, 2011 7:25 pm

We need at least 20 rigs to get reasonable prices. When we order less than 20 rigs, each rig costs 179e... :/

Jay

Viesti Kirjoittaja Jay » Ke Joulu 28, 2011 8:26 am

Contacted the organizer couple months ago. I'm still interested about ordering :)

blarppa

Viesti Kirjoittaja blarppa » Ke Joulu 28, 2011 4:58 pm

Im also interested in ordering 1-3 rigs if another set will come.

vehom

Viesti Kirjoittaja vehom » To Joulu 29, 2011 9:29 am

Im also in for one.

BlackScorpy
Green

Viesti Kirjoittaja BlackScorpy » Ke Touko 23, 2012 9:22 pm

Just as a sidenote, I've been asked by a few of my friends about the possibility of buying one of these rigs, too. "When the next group offer comes", I've told them so far - should probably mention about the chance for single items, too. Directly off my head, you should know atleast one of 'em, S-23.

Also, as I've been asking elsewhere, is it possible to get a custom bib for these from MD at a reasonable price? The current one is too high for my liking, and there might be a room for an extra loop of PALS width-wise.

S-23
Team member

Viesti Kirjoittaja S-23 » Ma Heinä 02, 2012 1:40 pm

Sorry, I was absent for a while... Pretty swamped...
Custom BiB should be around 15-20e but that's only an estimation. To get an exact price, I'd need to mail a drawing or something like that to Germany.

Besides, I DO read PNs, even if I don't check in here regularly and a few people here are also connected to me on facebook.

So, if you get 20 pieces or more together, we can start anytime :).

Jarppi
Veteraani
Viesti:

Viesti Kirjoittaja Jarppi » La Marras 16, 2013 12:27 am

Jos joku ei vielä huomannut niin Varustelekaan on tullut Tiedustelijan liivi-kopsuja myyntiin.

http://www.varusteleka.fi/fi/product/sa ... ulla/26021
http://www.varusteleka.fi/fi/product/sa ... ikea/26871

Yhteensä hinta on melko suolaiset 310,- ottaen huomioon että S-23 kautta sai aikanaan puolta halvemmalla, ja että samalla hinnalla saa esim. noin kolme MAVia ja 12 lipastaskua.. :)

StaG
Green

Viesti Kirjoittaja StaG » Su Marras 24, 2013 9:02 pm

En ihan lähtis keulimaan, että tavara on "kopsua", jos se on SAVOTALTA hommattua, joka tekee samaa liiviä PV:llekin. Hintaan yms. en ota kantaa, se maksaa joka jaksaa.

jma78
Tier 1

Viesti Kirjoittaja jma78 » Ma Marras 25, 2013 7:46 am

Savotan M05 varusteet ovat jopa maailmanlaajuisella mittakaavalla aivan kärkikastia mitä työn laatuun ja materiaaleihin tulee.
Meinas mennä aamukahvit väärään kurkkuun...

Jarppi
Veteraani
Viesti:

Viesti Kirjoittaja Jarppi » Ma Marras 25, 2013 11:39 am

StaG kirjoitti:En ihan lähtis keulimaan, että tavara on "kopsua", jos se on SAVOTALTA hommattua, joka tekee samaa liiviä PV:llekin. Hintaan yms. en ota kantaa, se maksaa joka jaksaa.
Kuvauksesta ymmärsin toki että jotain eroja on noissa lipastaskuissa. Onko PV:n jakamassa LVJ-liivissä, en tiedä.

Toki valmistaja on sama, eli ei tässä nyt kauas jäädä.

Vastaa Viestiin